Being A Stay At Home Dad
Personal Story: The Adventure Of A Stay-at-Home Dad
Growing Up, I Always Dreamed Of Being A Stay-At-Home Dad Who Could Spend Quality Time With My Children And nd Be There For Every Milestone Of Their Life, Like My Dad Was For Me.
My Wife Recently Became Pregnant And I Needed To Transition From Working To Being A Stay At Home Dad, So This Is My Ultimate Guide To Being A Stay At Home Dad.
Ground Rules For A Stay-At-Home-Dad (Pre-Dad)
- Track Expenses
* Make Sure Taxes/Expenses Are Accounted For And Paid Down.
- Prioritize Cashflow * Reach $30k/m
* Focusing Only On Recurring Income
- Take Care Of Health And Diet
* Cut Out Drinking And Workout Daily
- Getting Ready For A Child
Tracking Your Expenses For Stay At Home Dad
- Phone Bill/Internet/TV
- Car Loan/Lease ( This Will Be An Asset For Us Later)
- Rent/Mortgage + Utilities
- And Many More!
All Of These Bills Are Recurring Bills Every Single Month. A Company Like "RocketMoney" Formally Known as Truebill Is A Great Way To Turn Cancel Subscriptions And Even Lower Your Monthly Payment With "Bill Negotiations"
The Sooner We Can Reduce These Expenses The More Cashflow We Will Have.. >> Learn More About Rocket Money Here
Rocket Money Will Help With:
- Manage Subscriptions
- Bill Negotiation
- Credit Score And More
How to Pay Off Debt as a Stay-At-Home Dad
The Snowball Method
The debt snowball method is a proven approach to paying off debts and can be especially effective for stay-at-home dads who are looking to reduce their financial burdens. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- The debt snowball method involves paying all of your minimum payments on each of your debts, and then focusing on paying off the lowest debt first.
- For example, if you have two credit cards and a car loan, you would pay the minimum payments on each of these debts, and then put any extra money towards the smallest debt.
- Once you have paid off the smallest debt, you can roll the extra payments into the next smallest debt
- This process continues until all of your debts have been paid off, with the extra payments gaining momentum over time as each debt is paid off.
Just Making A Few Extra Payments To Your Credit Card Can Save You Thousands And Take Off Months Of Payments, Saving You More Money.
We Have A Whole Snowball Debt Spreadsheet In Our Cashflow Community.
Another Good App For Planning For Your Future
Once You A Solid Plan For Managing Expenses, and You Know How Much Your Current Expenses Are;
It's Time To Increase Our Income
Escape The Rat Race As A Stay At Home Dad
I Knew I Couldn't Be A Stay-At-Home Dad While Working A Split Shift As A Personal Trainer.I Needed To Escape The Rat Race And Make Sure That I Had Enough Recurring Income Coming In To Support Our Family. That Is Why It's Important To Track Your Expenses To See How Much Money You Spend Each Month.
Know Your "Financial Freedom Number" In Order To Be Able To A Stay At Home Dad
Financial Freedom Number:
Your financial freedom number is the amount of recurring or passive income needed to pay for your living expenses.
This Financial Freedom Number is focused on recurring income to quit your job.
Usually, it's your salary or hourly rate that you make, and you would need to replace that with your recurring income you make online.
- Most People Only Need $60,000 A Year To Quit Their Job, Which Is $5,000 A Month.
- If You Had Something To Sell For $100/Month And Had Only 50 People Sign Up, You Would Make $60,000 A Year, Enough To Quit Your Job.
The second freedom number is the income you need to stop working altogether and just live off of your investments, such as real estate, dividend stocks, and business investments.
- You Have A Mix Of Real Estate, Crypto And Other Passive Income Investments That Cover All your Expenses, Taxes, Cash Reserves, And Reinvesting
- You Can Take Off For 3 Months Or A Year Without Any Issues
For This Guide We Are Going To Focus On Our First Financial Freedom Number
We Will Need Something To Do At Home In Order To Reach Out First Financial Freedom Number, So That We Can Be A Stay-At-Home Dad.
My Freedom Number Is $3,200.
- $1,800 For Mortgage/Utilities
- $500 For Business
- $800 Food/Entertainment
- $300 For Misc
This Means Every Month I Need To Make $3,200 A Month To Break Even.
I Will Want To Add An Additional $1,500 A Month For Taxes/Rainy Day Funds/Etc
Stay At Home Dad Jobs
There Are Many Jobs / Opportunities For Stay At Home Fathers. I Can Only Say What Has Worked Best For Me, Since That's The Only Experience I Have.
Here Are Some Stay At Home Dad Job Ideas:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Car Rental Company
- SaaS Company
- Youtube Channel/Blogger
- And More!
Examples Of Stay At Home Dad Jobs:
I Own 2 Cars And I Rent Them Out On Turo And Hyre Car.
They Each Make Me Around $600-$800/month Or A Total Of $1,200-$1,600
Which Takes Care Of My Mortgage.
I Currently Make $1,500 Or So From HighLevel, Which Takes Care Of All My Other Expenses Currently.
We Have A Community That Is Focused On Building Recurring Income, We Teach Everything We Know About Building Recurring Income And How You Can Create A Stay At Home Dad Job For Yourself.
Check Out Our Community.
Over The Past Year And A Half I've Been Investing Additional Income Into Crypto And Have Been Able To Use My Money To Do Liquidity Farming.
This Pays Me Out Daily Fees For Lending My Excess Cash Essentially.
We Talk About This Inside Our Cashflow Community.
Real Estate Investor:
We Owned 10 Rental Properties And Sold Them At The Top of The Market And Use The Money To Pay Off My Wife's Student Loan Debt And Buy Our Dream Home.
We Do Plan To Buy More Real Estate In The Future And Inside Our Cashflow Community
We Talk About How We Bought Real Estate.
Escaping The Rat Race
Transitioning from a traditional job to becoming a stay-at-home dad can be a challenging and sometimes overwhelming experience.
For many men, it can mean giving up a sense of purpose and identity they’ve built up over years of working in their profession.
However, it can also be an incredibly rewarding experience that allows dads to be more present and involved in their children's lives.
Here are some tips for staying focused and motivated as a stay-at-home dad:
- Find Your Passion: Finding A Side hustle You Are Passionate About And In A Topic You Enjoy Talking About Every Day. This Has Allowed Me To Build Recurring Income Without The Burn Out. Focusing on A passion of yours, Allows You To Go Deep on The Subject.
- Set Realistic Goals: It’s important to set realistic goals for yourself as a stay-at-home dad. Try to establish a routine that allows you to balance your responsibilities as a parent with your personal interests and hobbies.
- Stay Connected: One of the biggest challenges of being a stay-at-home dad can be feeling isolated and disconnected from the outside world. Lucky For Me I have My Money Friends Who I Can Talk To About Building Recurring Income And Other Aspects Of My Life.
- Take Care of Yourself: As a stay-at-home dad, it can be easy to put your own needs last. However, it’s important to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. Make sure you’re eating well, exercising regularly, and taking time for self-care.
Well Go Over This Shortly.
- Embrace the Adventure: Being a stay-at-home dad can be a challenging but rewarding adventure. Embrace the journey and enjoy the time you get to spend with your children. Remember, it’s not about being perfect, it’s about doing your best and creating a life that works for you and your family.
$30,000 A Month Goal
- 5 Rental Cars Earning $5,000 A Month
- 20 Affiliate SaaS - $3,000/Month
- 200 Community Members - $4,000/Month
- Crypto Holdings - $3,000/Month
- Blogging - $3,000/Month
- YouTube - $1,2000 /Month
- Upcoming Future Project - $11,000/Month
I Already have 2 Cars, And Plan To Add 3 More. I Can Do This With Just My Good Credit.
I Am About Half Way There For Affiliate Commissions, And Similar With Community Members.This Will Be My Major Focus For The Next 200 Days I'll Use The Profits From Car Rentals And Affiliate And Community Members To Buy Buy More Crypto And Lower The Debt On The Cars. Allowing Me To Free Up Cashflow And Put My Money To Work.
Once Those 3 Are Completed, I'll Focus On Adding Our "Upcoming Project".
How To Stay Healthy As A Stay At Home Dad
As a stay-at-home dad, it's easy to put your own health and well-being on the back burner while you focus on taking care of your family.
Prioritize your mental health
Taking care of your mental health is crucial to your overall well-being. Being a stay-at-home dad can be stressful, and it's important to find ways to manage that stress in a healthy way. Some strategies include:
- Meditation or mindfulness practices
- Regular exercise, even if it's just a short walk around the block
- Talking to Your Money friends
Make time for physical activity
I Know I Wished That Physical Activity Meant Getting Hot And Heavy With the wifey But in reality i mean actually Resistance Training and cardio. I Use My Tonal 3-4 Times A Week And One Of Those Include A Leg Day.. Never Miss Leg Day.
- Doing a quick home workout while your child naps
- Going for a walk or jog with your child in a stroller
Pay attention to your diet
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is essential to maintaining good health. It can be tempting to snack on junk food or grab fast food when you're busy with your kids, but that can take a toll on your health over time. Some tips for maintaining a healthy diet as a stay-at-home dad include:
- Meal planning and preparation in advance to save time and ensure healthy options are available
- Keeping healthy snacks on hand, such as fruit, nuts, and veggie sticks
Take care of your sleep
Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and create a relaxing bedtime routine to help you wind down and prepare for a restful night's sleep.
Start Getting In The Routines Now In Order To Be Ready For When You Are A Stay At Home Dad.
Embrace The Journey Of A Stay At Home Dad
As you embark on the journey of becoming a stay-at-home dad, it's important to remember that it won't be easy, but it will be Well worth it.
There Will be Ups And Downs, good days and bad Days, but in the end, the experience of being there for your child and watching them grow will be priceless.
Embrace The Journey Because Remember that you are doing something that will make a huge impact on your child's life.
The moments you spend with your child will be memories that you will cherish forever.
There are other stay-at-home dads out there who can provide support and advice. Reach out to them and build a community. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it can make.
As you focus on building your business and creating financial freedom, remember that your family is the most important thing.
Don't let the pursuit of money overshadow the time you spend with your loved ones.
ind a balance that works for you and stick to it.
In the end, being a stay-at-home dad is a gift.
It's an opportunity to create a bond with your child that will last a lifetime.
Embrace the journey, enjoy the moments, and be proud of the decision you've made.
What Questions To Ask As A Stay At Home Dad
Frequently Asked Questions For A Stay At Home Dad
Is it OK to be a stay-at-home dad?
Yes, it's completely okay to be a stay-at-home dad. In recent years, I've Always Wanted To Be A Stay At Home Dad And My Wife Loves Working So It's A Win Win.
What is a stay at home dad called?
A stay at home dad is also known as a househusband, a full-time dad, or a SAHD (stay-at-home dad). But Some Of Us Work Also While Also Taking Care Of The Children.
What percentage of dads stay-at-home?
According To Recent Statistics, Around 4% Of Fathers In The United States Are Stay-At-Home Dads. This Number Has Been Steadily Increasing In Recent Years.
How Much Does A Stay-At-Home Dad Make?
Stay-At-Home Dads Technically Don't Have A Salary, As They Are Not Working For Pay. However, Some Stay-At-Home Dads Do Earn Money Through Freelance Work Or Running A Business From Home.
How Do Stay-At-Home Dads Survive?
Stay-At-Home Dads Often Start Home-Based Business, Additionally, Some Stay-At-Home Dads Also Rely On Their Partner's Income To Support The Family. Having A Child Shouldn't Be A Burden on The Family So The Stay At Home Dad Should Be Able To Do Both.
What Percentage Of Dads Are Stay-At-Home 2022?
It's Difficult To Predict The Exact Percentage Of Stay-At-Home Dads For 2022, But It's Expected That The Number Will Continue To Increase As More And More Dads Choose This Parenting Role.
Do Kids Do Better With A Stay-At-Home Parent?
There Is No One-Size-Fits-All Answer To This Question, As Every Child Is Different. However, Many Children Benefit From Having A Stay-At-Home Parent, As It Provides A Stable And Nurturing Environment For Them To Grow And Develop.
Is It OK To Put Stay At Home Dad On A Resume?
Yes, It's Perfectly Acceptable To Put "Stay-At-Home Dad" On A Resume. This Experience Can Demonstrate A Range Of Skills, Such As Organization, Multitasking, And Problem-Solving, That Are Valuable In Many Professional Settings.
What Do Stay-At-Home Dads Do All Day?
A. Stay-At-Home Dads Have A Variety Of Tasks And Responsibilities Throughout The Day, Including Caring For The Children, Running Errands, Doing Household Chores, And Running A Home-Based Business.